Welcome, bloggers and other GIPC'ers working on the 5k wellness challenge!
This blog is for anyone interested in increasing their wellness, especially those who want to take on the 5k challenge. You define the nature of that challenge -- run, jog, walk. Maybe your goal is to jog 1 mile rather than 3 , or simply to walk regularly. That's great, too. Anything you do that gets you off the couch! (Remember to check with your physician before undertaking any new exercise.)
Check in here for support and join the conversation. There will be a generic item posted every day so that you can post comments on topics of interest related to the challenge. Questions, comments, tips, exciting discoveries or achievements? Record them here for community response. Looking for a walking or jogging partner? Post it.
If you are on the home page, click on the notation "x Comments" to go to a page where you can post your item. If you click on the posting for the day as listed on the Archive on the right side of the page, a Comment box will show automatically, as will all the comments previously made.
Let's take ourselves out for a spin and see what we can do!
Check in here for support and join the conversation. There will be a generic item posted every day so that you can post comments on topics of interest related to the challenge. Questions, comments, tips, exciting discoveries or achievements? Record them here for community response. Looking for a walking or jogging partner? Post it.
If you are on the home page, click on the notation "x Comments" to go to a page where you can post your item. If you click on the posting for the day as listed on the Archive on the right side of the page, a Comment box will show automatically, as will all the comments previously made.
Let's take ourselves out for a spin and see what we can do!
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Thursday January 20TH Change of direction
I am a planner. I love to Plan. I plan dinners, trips, days that I should stay home to catch up on house work and I plan my time to exercise. Knowing I have a plan helps me; knowing I can change my plans even better. I set a goal to walk/jog a long distance perhaps it's 2 miles. When I start out I am having a bad day. Things ache, my head is not in the game. I want to alter my plan. It can be good to alter my plan. Before I make the final decision I give myself ample time to warm up. Ofter the first 15 minutes in are just about getting out the kinks and getting the juices flowing. After I am warmed up I sometimes continue on to my original plan and sometimes it just isn't happening and I do the minimum and call it a day. I always plan on listening to my body. My body and my head aren't always on the same page and when they are both saying the same thing I listen. Some days I plan a short session and feel so darn good my plan alters and I go farther than I planned. Planning is a good idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great reflection! I think it's funny when we say we don't have enough time. After all, we all have the same 24 hours every day!
ReplyDelete