Welcome, bloggers and other GIPC'ers working on the 5k wellness challenge!

This blog is for anyone interested in increasing their wellness, especially those who want to take on the 5k challenge. You define the nature of that challenge -- run, jog, walk. Maybe your goal is to jog 1 mile rather than 3 , or simply to walk regularly. That's great, too. Anything you do that gets you off the couch! (Remember to check with your physician before undertaking any new exercise.)

Check in here for support and join the conversation. There will be a generic item posted every day so that you can post comments on topics of interest related to the challenge. Questions, comments, tips, exciting discoveries or achievements? Record them here for community response. Looking for a walking or jogging partner? Post it.

If you are on the home page, click on the notation "x Comments" to go to a page where you can post your item. If you click on the posting for the day as listed on the Archive on the right side of the page, a Comment box will show automatically, as will all the comments previously made.

Let's take ourselves out for a spin and see what we can do!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Just do something every day!

I am looking out the window at big fluffy snowflakes gracefully falling.  Sometimes I love to run in this weather - if dressed appropriately it can clear out the winter blues like nolthing else.  But facing the double whammy of a head cold and busy family life - it has been the treadmill for me this past week.  Fortunately, I have a few playlists of motivating music - just the thing for the treadmill or walking indoors.  I would be happy to share these with any of you that are interested - just let me know and I will burn them onto a CD that you can load onto your Ipod.  We Michiganders are tough and we don't let January stop us!  Just do a little something every day!  Today I heard of the bittersweet passing of Jack LaLane (did I spell it right?)  He was 96 years young at his passing.  He was always ahead of his time and an example to all of us.  Peace, Vicki

2 comments:

  1. I remember Jack LaLane's TV show when I was little. He always had a big smile and strange leotard-type outfits.
    I got the green light to start running again after 5 weeks of rest for my tendon. I was surprised at how much my chest hurt during the quick half-mile trek. My legs wanted more but my lungs said "STOP"! It will get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean Said..
    I love Mondays!! It's a whole new week and I recommit to a healthy life style all the slips and neglect gets wiped away. OH Mondays the slate is clean and I am operating at 110%. I put in my time on the treadmill....boring so I go sideways and backwards(I need to hold on for backwards) some good Ipod tunes and WHAM! My day and week are off to a good start. It sets me up to have a successful week.

    ReplyDelete